Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reading Blog Stats

Blogging is expressing your views and experiences to interested readers.  Knowing what is of interest to the readers and visitors to the site depends upon the analysis of the Blog Stats supplied by blogger sites like www.blogger.com.

Two Basic types of readers are found visiting a site. First, the regular who in discovering a new blog has been posted, or on visiting regularly; is a continual follower.  Second is the visitors who arrive due to some search engine and visit several of the blog posting.  As a Blog writer, both are important and should be included in the development of new Blogs.

Regular Blog Visitors To all of us there are many interesting subjects which we would like to share with the readers, however as a blog author I must respect the content type which has drawn my readers. There are several types of Social Media Formats and I use my Twitter to inform my followers about Bowls and news while FaceBook is a more Personal Cyber life.
My Facebook Account
 Having been a Blind Bowls Instructor and Coach over the past several years, I have build a part of my Facebook as .Blind Lawn Bowls  Of course, few Social Media Formats are user friendly to those with Visual Problems.
   Although I attempt to push news and invite participants as administrator to this Blind Bowls FaceBook page; my major objective is to remind the reader that they must tell the Visual Impaired individuals of what they read because few of the computer aids developed for the Blind allow Text and photos mixed.
On my Facebook I wrote "Ready for something strange!!! "A Feeling". On the last day of my 70th year, I found myself being judged and not wanting. We do not know our life until all our experience are bottled like a fine wine. Aging of the wine is all things seen and judged, and great is knowing "One's Value". If you miss understanding one day you we'll know."" because everyday we learn and see more and more of who we are or have been. None of this is Blog worthy unless that has been the subject for the last 5 years.

Blog Statistic Information  The Blog Stats reveal the new visitors and their subject interest which has brought them to the blog.The regular topic of interest has been "Three Subconscious Mind Exercises" written
This Blog's Stats for last 7 Days.
in December 2012. Of course, I should and will write more of these blogs but also my audience are regular lawn Bowler who are searching for information.  Articles like the e-book of Rob Judson, an Australian coach.who In a February 2003 did a  SCRIBD publication " of Lawn Bowl Coaching. A lot of the opinion and views are from my experience in Lawn Bowls, Petanque (French Bowls) and Archery where being in the zone is a major part of perfection of the sport.

The High Blue Peak of 6 or 8 reads is a new visitor whom as followed several other topics after arriving at the site for the search.  It is with satisfaction that I find a regular blog visit of 15 to 25 hits per day. Yes there has been a lot written over the past 5 or more years but these "Hits" are regular and new visitors.  Often when an interested reader finds my blog interesting they attempt to follow the blog by being a follower of my Twitter account.Here in the attach photo we find a request
Springhiler's Twitter Account
for to follow.  I have kept this account locked to prevent the often advertising and non-lawn bowls visitors.  Everyone is welcome and I often visit their twitter accounts for information on the recent news of Lawn Bowls.

Yes, I know that 126 followers is not many but I am sure they are some of the best Lawn Bowls players in the world. Some of the Twitter following are clubs who are doing great things with the youth and the handicap or Visually Impaired.

 Last summer I was excited to find a heavy following from the far East or South Africa. These countries are strong in Long Bowls and of course the "Bowl's Stats" map show me what countries are following.  Of course, if I am not submitting a blog every week the visitors are usually those English countries which find the blog because of a Search Engine.


Two days Later  Looking back at this blog's stats two days later (updated 24th) I learn at about six (6) readers had accessed my Blog for the Twitter entry and regular follower.
Blog Stats after 2 days




Two Days later I find that only 6 views of this blog. The spike in the stats are new readers who have accessed the blog and then read several of the older entries.
  Word of Advice  If you believe in your sport and want it to grow, you must make it a visual part of your life. Yes do great on the green builds interest in your club and region, but the Internet and Social Media has made the world small and we can all reach out and spread the word on Bowls or Blind Lawn Bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment