Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Bowls Video Viewing 4/5

Last month the 11th Asian Lawn Bowls Championships and the 9th
11th Asian Lawn Bowls Championship

Asian U25 Singles Championship was held in the small Asian country of Brunei Darussalam north of Malaysia (and Australia).

This series of Blogs which I now write, is about the  2015 Hong Kong International Classic Women's Pairs,  Between  Australia  and the Hong Kong Youth Team finals.
  While enjoying and comment on the Youtube Video, it is only  right to recognize the players and the development of Lawn Bowls in their home Country.  This final between the  Australian Woman's Pair of Karen Murphy (Skip) / Kristina Krstic , the Hong Kong Youth Team of  Vivian Yip (Skip) / Amy Choi, would best be considered a "Samson and Goliath" match.

I know I should research the facts for this blog about the numbers of Lawn Bowlers in Australia or the number of League and competitions these players participate.  But I think it would only prove the fact that the Best Lawn Bowlers come from Australia.  Hell, one of our best Canadian Lawn Bowlers (yes I am Canadian) Ryan Bester spends most of his non-Canadian bowling in Australia.  I gather too, that his great ability and bowling, rubs off onto our Canadian team and Lawn Bowls Organization.
11th Asian Lawn Bowls  and 9th U25 in Brunei

However,  Vivian Yip of the Hong Kong Youth Team who is participating in this video, later trained and left to represent Hong Kong at Brunei  in the 9th  Asian U25 Singles Championships. And if you look hard you might find her in the opening photo. If, like myself, you had to look at the map to find Brunei, you almost have to look just as hard to find the Hong Kong Lawn Bowls Association bowlers in this photo.

With 11 countries participating in this 11th Asian Championship it has become a popular gathering for the best of the region.  In 2015 it was held in Hong Kong and I would not be surprise, like in Canada, when a major competition arrives in a country the level of development and interest in the sport is increased.
This weeks Bowls Video Stats

One of the countries, involved in this Asian Championship was India and looking at my blog stats I am surprise to find it sharing volume of readership with US, Australia and South Africa.  Why ? Lawn Bowls in India, what do you know of it ?

We see also in these stats the recent peaks of viewer over the last week. This is probably because I have on my twitter @springhiler some of the best lawn bowlers followers.  (I only accept Lawn Bowls clubs and individuals as followers). This week while doing research these blogs and information on the Hong Kong Youth team, all I could find of the 11th Asian Championship was photos on a
3 million Rs for silver ??

non-English Facebook Page of สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ บันดาร์เสรีเบกาวัน   (I could not even find the game result on World Bowls , even 1 month after the competition has finished.)  Why ??  Not important enough??
Only found one news video of this championship. (Note..Malware detected)  Well Vivian Yip and Amy Choi of the Hong Kong Youth Team has caught some eyes and so has some of the other participants  rom the Hong Kong region.

In India, the following news story appeared after the championships about a Delhi Physical Education Teacher (Ms Pinki) received publication and will  probably gets a second scholarship (Rs. 3,000,000) from the Delhi Gov't for silver and bronze performance.

Concerning the writing of these 5 blogs I receive various tweets like the one today from the  Welsh VI (Visual Impaired) Bowls @welshVIbowls.  I have followers who when they  retweet the link of the blog with  their comments only increase the visibility of both the blog and lawn bowls news..

I have not found it easily to write and analysis these videos.  Who am I to analysis these greats ?? And I hope no one was offended, but if these blogs happen to plants a seed of thought or an idea into the minds of readers who may not be champions yet ( YET ??) then I feel I have done something to promote our sport.

  There are blogs which I don t know are read or tried.  But when I see examples of the ideas being used;  like one on a new method of visual measure of which bowl is shot,(at a National champion a skip or mate attempting to use the trick); I am with tears in eyes.   This month we have the World Bowls and the U25 Champions underway.. I hope we continue to find video and online streaming.

We, as  bowlers, should all share what we find on news or video of Bowls play... Because there is not a lot on the internet, and sometime small countries like Brunei get lost.  Example is the photo right where Japan attempts to open a bowls area in what looks like a shooting range for rifles and archery.  Let all do our part to push the visibility of bowls.  (International and local)
When I was young learning photography I had a mentor and teacher who said "Share what you know and learn so your influence is your legacy"

Your contribution to Lawn Bowls and Visually Impaired Bowls can only improve and develop the sport by you becoming involved. YES, it  counts.

At this moment on my Twitter as I write
 I follow a lot of clubs and sport networks on twitter  and as I just went to my twitter I find this tweet (which I retweeted, from HoneybadgerBowls or Mary Ann Beath an active US female bowler. @maryannbeath   Another champion, who participated at the Potter Indoor World Bowls and whom can be found on YouTube with the other 45 Videos of this championship.
This blog was easy.. but you read to this point.. so you are interest in seeing Lawn Bowls Grow.. Do your part for those whom will follow and be our champions  local, national or abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment