Wednesday, August 5, 2026

CW 2026 Gold Medal Game's Tie-breaker (gift)

 Todate, a few days after the games;  I have not found on Youtube or elsewhere the video of the Commonwealth 2026 Gold Medal Game.  so with my CBC sport coverage link, I make this gift to my readers.. It shows the last two end of the 2nd set and the tie-breaker which was won by Northern Ireland against England.

N Ireland
Gary Kelly

The distribution and noise during play is from the Bronze Medal game being played on the neighbouring green. They also were into their tie breaker but almost finished. The loud crowd noice is because of Ryan Bester doing his "Blasting Runners" to win. (and which he seldom is missing). For this reason that British Skip (Walker) steps of the mat during his last bowl of the tie-breaker as well as the Commonwealth Staff were moving equipment behind the Gold Metal green and the jack being played. Also most of the crowds were changing sides to see the end of the Gold Medal Game.

For those wanting to see the Commonwealth game I know it is still available on the Canadian national Television (CBC) at  https://gem.cbc.ca/bowls-para-bowls-bronze-and-gold-medal-matches-rink-1-glasgow-2026-36783?autoplay=1 

Enjoy.

P.S,  I add for you the readers, a little something unique here.

Gary Kelly is the only Lawn Bowl's athlete that I have seen todate, that is doing total visual projection for his "Muscle Memory". To understand "Total Visual Projection" it is best to explain it from an archery athlete's view.  In some Archery "Zen" teaching, it is taught to become the arrow or the target and project yourself as the arrow to the target. 
In Muscle Memory  of Lawn Bowls, we make sure we have a constant like our line or our weight and with this fixed variable; the athlete either fixes it line and lets Muscle Memory adjust the needed data like, distance, weight and fine adjustment with their instinctive "Muscle Memory" performance. Some athletes do the constant as weight and use a small line change. (either visual or mat walking); while others fix presentation line in their Pre-Shot Routine and relax into allowing it do be done.

 Having won two gold and a bronze medal at the Canadian National Archery in late 20th century in Instinctive shooting; I did all my shooting as a Total Visual Projection to the target. When in a Muscle Memory Total Visual state, the arrow hitting the target scares you because you believe it has struck you. (Draw the arrow to you is the concentration projected image)  

Gary Kelly does that in his Pre-Shot and is unique as he adjust for very find mental tuning of his shot and weight.  Amazing to see and appreciate.  Enjoy.

No, at 80, I can't apply this concentration and Muscle Memory to Lawn Bowls. The archery target (indoor) distance is 18 meters where bowls is 21 to 31 meters. I do use Projective Muscle Memory for recalling previous Jack distance data. I watch the memory of the bowl roll to a jack in memory and if not the correct distance I change the memory. (always release on 3rd projected distance as my Pre-shot routine "Trigger").

No comments:

Post a Comment